Broomhill ward is to the west of the city-centre of Sheffield and contains Broomhill centre as well Ecclesall Road, Broomhall, Crookesmoor, Tapton Hill and parts of Netherthorpe. In Broomhill local Liberal Democrats have been fighting to:
- Improve the Broomhill junction between Crookes and Fulwood Road.
- Protect and up-grade the Broomhill library.
- Introduce new road-safety measure in Crookesmoor and across Broomhill.
- Reject proposed lorry routes, which would have sent lorries down residential roads in Broomhill.
- Oppose inappropriate developments across Broomhill.
- Reverse Council hikes in parking permit fees.
You can learn more about what local Lib Dems are doing Broomhill by clicking here.
Broomhill has one Lib Dem councillor. Learn more about him below:
Name: Cllr Shaffaq Mohammed
Years as councillor: 9 Term Ends: May 2014
Bio: Shaffaq has been a councillor for Broomhill since 2004. He was raised in Tinsley, his father a steel-worker, and is an avid Wednesday fan. After being one of the Co-op’s youngest managers, he studied A-levels at Sheffield College then business studies at Sheffield University. He is a qualified youth worker, a magistrate and an active member of the local community, involved with charity work within the city as well as abroad. Locally, he has been a member of the Broomhill Festival committee and has worked hard to strike the balance between student and permanent residents. As a Cabinet Member, Shaffaq was responsible for improving the city’s parks, doubling the number of ‘green flag’ awards in Sheffield. In 2011, he was elected Leader of the Sheffield Lib Dem Group.
Tel: 0114 273 6876 E-mail: email@example.com
Follow Shaffaq on twitter: https://twitter.com/shaffaqmohd
Surgeries: Shaffaq is happy to meet you at your convenience. Please call me on 273 6876 to arrange an appointment.