Beauchief & Greenhill ward is in the south-west of Sheffield and contains Beauchief and Greenhill, as well as Chancet Wood, Low Edges, Batemoor, and parts of Lower Bradway.
In Beauchief & Greenhill local Liberal Democrats have been fighting to:
- Protect Greenhill Library & Jordanthorpe Library from closure.
- Campaign at unfair changes to bus services in our area.
- Introduce a lorry ban on Abbey Lane and Bocking Lane.
- Remove the unpopular bus-gate at Meadowhead.
- Secure investment for Graves Tennis and Leisure Centre.
You can learn more about what local Lib Dems are doing Beauchief & Greenhill by clicking here.
Beauchief & Greenhill has one Lib Dem councillor. Learn more about him below:
Name: Cllr Simon Clement-Jones
Years as councillor: 9 Term Ends: May 2015
Bio: Simon moved to Sheffield in 1989 to study mechanical engineering at Sheffield Hallam University. He worked in the steelworks in Sheffield, Barnsley and Rotherham before starting a computer consultancy business in 1999. Simon was first elected as a local councillor in 2004 to represent Beauchief and Greenhill and has since been re-elected twice. Simon has been a Governor of Greenhill School for 7 years, a Trustee of Woodseats Advice Centre and a Champion of Chancet Wood Children’s Home. Simon was the Council’s Cabinet Member for Finance from 2008-2011 and in this position delivered the lowest ever council tax increase three years in the row including a historic council tax freeze in 2011.
Tel: 0114 249 1079 E-mail: email@example.com
- 1st Saturday of the month from 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. at Greenhill Library, Hemper Lane.
- 3rd Saturday of the month from 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. at Jordanthorpe Library, 15 Jordanthorpe Centre.
- Last Friday in the month from 6.00 to 7.00 p.m. at Greenhill and Bradway Tenants’ Meeting Room,Gresley Road.